RIVIERA MAYA, TULUM & CANCUN:
White sands, Mayan temples, vibrant nightlife, abundant coral reefs and virgin beaches, the Riviera Maya offers the quintessential Mexican vacation.
When travelers think of Mexico’s beautiful crystalline waters and white sand beaches, they are thinking of this Caribbean coastline and luxury in the Riviera Maya. A hot spot for diving, snorkeling, and swimming, the warm waters of Cancun, Tulum, and the Mayan Riviera encapsulate an underwater mystery waiting to unfold for even the most novice explorer. Whether you are looking to swing in a hammock on virgin sands, relax in a luxurious beachfront property, dance the night away in the infamous nightclubs of Cancun, or explore the temples of ancient Mayan cities, the luxury Riviera Maya has it all.
Use the itineraries below to generate ideas for your vacation. Each itinerary is completely customizable – you choose your dates, accommodations, activities and more to create your perfect Mexico holiday.
38 Travel Itinerarie(s) Found
Enjoy the best of Yucatan Peninsula and Riviera Maya with Journey Mexico and Chablé resorts.... read more »
Your journey will take you to Mayan sites like Uxmal and Chichen Itza. Try your hand at cooking authentic Yucatec food. Swim the cool, ... read more »
For those who seek to experience its natural wonders, including lush jungles and stunning beaches; and a rejuvenation sanctuary, with u... read more »
This itinerary designed for families who wish to explore Mexico while staying at an elegant resort. Surrounded by verdant jungle and wh... read more »
Escape to the azure sea and white shore of the Mexican Caribbean with Journey Mexico and Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa The Riviera Maya ... read more »
Visit incredible archeological sites, explore underground waterways, swim in the clear, warm waters of the Caribbean Sea, enjoy world-c... read more »
Enjoy an authentic holiday season in Mexico; explore Mexico City, discover the Riviera Maya and its unparalleled natural and archaeolog... read more »
Enjoy an unforgettable weekend escape to Tulum, the hottest spot along Riviera Maya, with so much to do, see and eat.... read more »
Recently listed as one of the 25 best destinations in the world, Playa del Carmen is the ideal destination to relax and enjoy the warm,... read more »
Discover the fascinating history, rich culture and natural wonders of southern Mexico. This unique itinerary is specially designed to e... read more »
|Destination:||Riviera Maya, Tulum & Cancun|
Seek out some of Mexico’s most beautiful islands just off the coast of Cancun and treat yourself to the ultimate relaxaing vacation i... read more »
|Destination:||Riviera Maya, Tulum & Cancun|
Visit the Riviera Maya and Tulum area in a privileged way, visiting the Yucatan Peninsula's main highlights like the archaeological s... read more »
The Swim with Whale Sharks and Visit Ancient Ruins trip allows for an up-close encounter with the docile whale sharks, and visit to th... read more »
The Coqui Coqui Residences & Spas Collection creates an ideal route to explore the Yucatan Peninsula and Tulum...... read more »
The Boutique Hotel Hideaways itinerary passes through Tulum, Chichen Itza, and Merida visiting some of the Yucatan Peninsula's most so... read more »
Riviera Maya Tulum & Cancun Travel Highlights:
- Cancun – With an average daily temperature of 80 degrees, this resort town is one of the most temperate and pleasant Caribbean destinations. The city boasts lively nightlife, high-end shops, and world-class restaurants in addition to its pristine beaches and close proximity to Mayan ruins.
- Tulum – Tulum is one of the most visited ruins of the Mayan world, welcoming over 2 million visitors each year. The stunning contrast between the ancient stones of the Mayan ruins and the crystal waters of the Caribbean coast make the site a photographer’s favorite.
- Isla Mujeres – This tiny island off the coast of Cancun was an ancient Mayan religious site dedicated to the goddess, Ixchel (the guardian of fertility and childbirth). Today, the island is a fishing community with a collection of small hotels. The tourist infrastructure of the island has grown rapidly in recent years but it remains a quiet retreat from the hustle and bustle of its neighbor, Cancun.
- Cozumel – With world-renowned coral reefs, beautiful beaches, and exotic local wildlife, the island of Cozumel has developed a reputation as one of Mexico’s best spots for scuba diving, deep-sea fishing, snorkeling and kayaking.
- Playa del Carmen – Once a fishing village and pristine deserted beach, Playa del Carmen has turned into one of the hottest holiday destinations in Mexico. Smaller than Cancun, “Playa” offers the nightlife and dining of a city with the charm of a seaside beach town.
- Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve – This 1.3-million-acre reserve is a UNESCO World Heritage site and covers nearly 100km of the Caribbean coast. This stretch of protected coastline houses many endangered species and is a spectacular place for bird watching, fishing, kayaking and exploring the mangroves.