THE YUCATAN PENINSULA
Covering three states, Yucatán, Campeche, and Quintana Roo, the Yucatán Peninsula is among the most diverse in the hemisphere.
With its eastern border complimented by the Caribbean Sea, the Yucatán Peninsula boasts ancient ruins, rainforests, underground caves, traditional haciendas, colonial cities, offshore islands with luxury resorts and natural wonders that will satisfy even the most seasoned travelers. Bordering Belize and Guatemala, the Yucatán Peninsula maintains its close Mayan ties, observed in its inhabitants dress, language, religion and cuisine.
Use the itineraries below to generate ideas for your vacation. Each itinerary is completely customizable – you choose your dates, accommodations, activities and more to create your perfect Mexico holiday.
33 Travel Itinerarie(s) Found
Take an enriching adventure through three of Mexico´s diverse destinations, with luxurious stays at a trio of striking Banyan Tree pro
Enjoy a unique and exclusive, 11-day exploration of the Yucatan Peninsula. Span the area's history as you and explore important Mayan a
Reset your body and mind with a cultural tour of the Yucatan Peninsula and a tranquil stay on the idyllic Holbox Island.
Your journey will take you to Mayan sites like Uxmal and Chichen Itza. Try your hand at cooking authentic Yucatec food. Swim the cool,
For those who seek to experience its natural wonders, including lush jungles and stunning beaches; and a rejuvenation sanctuary, with u
Discover the fascinating history, rich culture and natural wonders of southern Mexico. This unique itinerary is specially designed to e
Visit the Yucatan Peninsula on this complete adventure, experience charming colorful markets, taste delicious regional cuisine, climb M
The Swim with Whale Sharks and Visit Ancient Ruins trip allows for an up-close encounter with the docile whale sharks, and visit to th
Discover the Splendor of the Yucatan, visiting Mayan archaeological sites and enchanting towns complimented by stays in Haciendas an
Discover the highlights of the Yucatan Peninsula traversing Mayan archaeological sites, visiting small authentic pueblos, and picturesq
The Coqui Coqui Residences & Spas Collection creates an ideal route to explore the Yucatan Peninsula and Tulum...
The Boutique Hotel Hideaways itinerary passes through Tulum, Chichen Itza, and Merida visiting some of the Yucatan Peninsula's most so
The weekend extension in the Yucatan is a great for families and compliments existing stays in Cancun and the Riviera Maya.
The weekend escape to the Yucatan is a great on its own or add-on to any beach stay in Cancun, Riviera Maya, or Tulum.
Yucatan Travel Highlights:
- Mérida – The vibrant capital of Yucatán state, Merida is a colonial city replete with elegant buildings that were once the city homes of wealthy hacienda owners. Now boasting a burgeoning art scene, boutique hotels and fine cuisine, Mérida is consistently voted as one of the nicest cities in Mexico.
- Campeche – The colorful capital of the state of Campeche, the city itself boasts many restored buildings and colonial structures that helped it to become a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999. Once a port town fearful of pirate attacks the city is surrounded by a thick fortress.
- Mayan Archaeological Zones – Home to some of the most finely restored Mayan cities in world, the Yucatán Peninsula also contains ruins still covered in dense jungle, waiting to reveal new hidden mysteries. Those unearthed offer a glimpse into the ancient Mayan world as you walk in the footsteps of civilizations past.
- Valladolid – The Magical Villlage of Valladolid is a small, colorful town with a laidback, sleepy feel. From colonial era churches and architecture to natural wonders such as cenotes, Valladolid is a great place to stop.
- Haciendas – Scattered throughout the Yucatan Peninsula, haciendas offer a glimpse of what were once operational henequen plantations in the grand style and tradition of the period. Many have now converted into living museums and luxury hotels.