Mexico City is one of the most populous and vibrant modern cities in the world, a melting pot of history and culture.
Mexico City Travel Highlights:
- Historic Center and Zócalo – Discover the roots of Mexico’s capital which lie in the Historic Center where the Aztec city of Tenochtitlan was historically settled. It is here where you will find international art museums, the Palacio de Bellas Artes, the Metropolitan Cathedral, the Aztec Templo Mayor and the National Palace.
- Teotihuacán – Just outside of Mexico City, this ancient city last inhabited by the Aztecs boasts the impressive temples of the sun and the moon and fascinating histories.
- Xochimilco – The banks of the Aztec-made waterways of Xochimilco once produced much of the food for the city of Tenochtitlán. Now colorful boats take you floating down the canals to enjoy the views.
- San Ángel and Coyoacán – In the southern part of Mexico City are the charming neighborhoods of San Ángel and Coyoacán. San Ángel has a tranquil, artistic vibe, while Coyoacán offers colonial charm and fascinating museums, like La Casa Azul, Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera’s home.
- Polanco, La Roma & Condesa – Trendy neighborhoods full of restaurants, bars, and boutique hotels, La Roma and La Condesa boast European architecture and a hip vibe.
- Chapultepec – Home to many of the best museums in Mexico City, a stroll through this huge park is a culturally rich experience.
Explore the nearby countryside on a visit to the state of Morelos and its Magical Town of Tepoztlan. Visit the historic palace and Cathedral of Cuernavaca as you learn about the city’s allure to both Aztec emperors and Spanish conquistadors. Stroll the streets of the colonial city of Puebla and visit some of its beautiful churches.
Taste your way through Mexico’s divine history by sampling some of the finest gastronomic offerings in all of the country with renowned chefs and local families…
Discover some of Mexico’s most culturally rich states, including its capital, and immerse yourself in mariachi, folklore, colonial cities and tequila before heading to…
The Culture of Mexico Experience explores Mexico City, Guanajuato, and the Yucatan Peninsula for a look at the many of the traditions and history that the Mexican people take great pride.
Enjoy bird watching and learn all about the intriguing Axolotl salamander, a rare amphibian with unique regeneration abilities that is on the verge of extinction.