Natural beauty, a rich diversity of wildlife, varied histories and luxury resorts make Baja California a wonderful option for a Mexico vacation.
Baja California Travel Highlights:
- Northern Baja – Home of rugged topography, surreal landscape, outstanding natural geography and amazing wildlife species, Northern Baja is an adventurist’s delight.
- Whale Lagoons – One of the world’s premier spots to go whale watching, Baja contains numerous bays and islands that act as barriers against natural predators, allowing for intimate viewing and a protected setting for both the whales and their observers.
- Loreto – Located on the Sea of Cortez, Loreto is a great location to head out on whale-watching adventures across the peninsula in Magdalena Bay or to launch a diving expedition in the Sea of Cortez.
- Los Cabos – Made up of both Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo, this area has become a mecca for sport fishing and golf as well as weekend getaways. Luxury resorts are the perfect base from which to explore the area, partaking in activities from hiking, mountain biking, and whale watching to sea kayaking, surfing, dining out and relaxing on numerous secluded beaches.
- La Paz – The first European outpost was founded in Baja making the peninsula the location of the first mission in Mexico. The fine colonial buildings and beautiful beaches are complimented by spectacular sunsets and great cuisine.
- Todos Santos – A small town populated by artists and ex-pats, the quaint and friendly atmosphere accompanies the large waves and laid-back approach to life. Located on the Pacific side of Baja, Todos Santos houses many art galleries, cafes and quaint restaurants, making it the bohemian capital of Baja.