Natural beauty, a rich diversity of wildlife, varied histories and luxury resorts make Baja California a wonderful option for a Mexico vacation.
From the migration of the humpback whales and the giant sea turtles, to the sea lion colonies and reefs abundant with fish, Baja California is home to unique wildlife that is effortlessly accessible. The rich colonial history of Baja contains some of Mexico’s first Spanish missions while cave paintings from pre-Columbian civilizations remain. A varied selection of luxury Baja California hotels and residences also make it the perfect place to relax and enjoy a beach vacation.
Use the itineraries below to generate ideas for your vacation. Each itinerary is completely customizable – you choose your dates, accommodations, activities and more to create your perfect Mexico holiday.
18 Travel Itinerarie(s) Found
Travel to majestic Magdalena Bay on the Pacific coast of the Baja California Peninsula to participate in a customizable, multi-day, wor... read more »
This sample itinerary is designed to inspire families who want adventure and cultural immersion during their holiday.... read more »
Weekend Escape to Todos Santos is a perfect trip for nature and art lovers to discover the incredible wonders of Southern Baja outside ... read more »
With a base in La Paz, travelers can experience unique encounter with wildlife, including whale sharks, migratory birds, sea turtles, s... read more »
Explore San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas in comfort as you discover the best of both worlds in ultimate luxury and off-the-beaten p... read more »
This trip is the perfect mix of beach, culture, and interacting with nature. The first few days are spent in the Pueblo Magico of Todos... read more »
The Wildlife Encounters in Baja California Sur explores the protected lagoons of the Pacific Ocean and Sea of Cortez, allowing for magn... read more »
|Destination:||Baja California & Sea of Cortez|
This trip is an off-the-beaten-path adventure that visits the Sea of Cortez coastline in Baja California. Adventure activities include ... read more »
The Baja Multisport: Sea Kayaking and Hiking Trip is an off the beaten path journey that visits both the Pacific Ocean and Sea of Cort... read more »
Pacific Whales and Highland Butterflies is an encounter where explorers can experience both of these extraordinary congregations of wil... read more »
The Highland Historic Hacienda and Los Cabos Family Adventure brings you and your loved ones together through discovering Mexico and le... read more »
|Destination:||Baja California & Sea of Cortez|
The Sea Turtles and Whale Watching Adventure in Baja California explores the protected lagoons of the Pacific Ocean and Sea of Cortez, ... read more »
Spend quality family time together exploring the Baja California Sur peninsula, interacting with various marine life, whale watching,... read more »
Unite yourself with the amazing marine life found off the coast of Baja California Sur by snorkeling, diving, kayaking, and having face... read more »
Stay in the very best of the Baja California boutique hotels and enjoy magnificent adventures, including visiting waterfalls and going ... read more »
Baja California Travel Highlights:
- Northern Baja – Home of rugged topography, surreal landscape, outstanding natural geography and amazing wildlife species, Northern Baja is an adventurist’s delight.
- Whale Lagoons – One of the world’s premier spots to go whale watching, Baja contains numerous bays and islands that act as barriers against natural predators, allowing for intimate viewing and a protected setting for both the whales and their observers.
- Loreto – Located on the Sea of Cortez, Loreto is a great location to head out on whale-watching adventures across the peninsula in Magdalena Bay or to launch a diving expedition in the Sea of Cortez.
- Los Cabos – Made up of both Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo, this area has become a mecca for sport fishing and golf as well as weekend getaways. Luxury resorts are the perfect base from which to explore the area, partaking in activities from hiking, mountain biking, and whale watching to sea kayaking, surfing, dining out and relaxing on numerous secluded beaches.
- La Paz – The first European outpost was founded in Baja making the peninsula the location of the first mission in Mexico. The fine colonial buildings and beautiful beaches are complimented by spectacular sunsets and great cuisine.
- Todos Santos – A small town populated by artists and ex-pats, the quaint and friendly atmosphere accompanies the large waves and laid-back approach to life. Located on the Pacific side of Baja, Todos Santos houses many art galleries, cafes and quaint restaurants, making it the bohemian capital of Baja.