Mexico City is one of the most populous and vibrant modern cities in the world, a melting pot of history and culture.
The pulsating megalopolis of Mexico City lies nestled in the Valley of Anahuac between the dramatic peaks of two snow-capped volcanoes, Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl. Travelers to Mexico City find themselves in a melting pot of history and culture where the ancient past and contemporary present blend to create a unique synergy with a foot in both worlds. Packed full of museums, tourist attractions, award-winning restaurants, boutique hotels and possibilities for unique adventures, Mexico City is a world-class destination ranked among the best cities in the world.
Use the itineraries below to generate ideas for your vacation. Each itinerary is completely customizable – you choose your dates, accommodations, activities and more to create your perfect Mexico holiday.
22 Travel Itinerarie(s) Found
From visiting art museums, cathedrals, and archaeological ruins to shopping in bazaars and markets, this trip is packed full of amazi... read more »
The Mexico City Weekend Getaway is a combination of culture and luxury, where you can immerse yourself in Mexico's capital and also get... read more »
The Culture of Mexico Experience explores Mexico City, Guanajuato, and the Yucatan Peninsula for a look at the many of the traditions a... read more »
The Spiritual Journey Through Mexico immerses you in the mysterious history of Mayan, Aztec, and Olmec cultures by visiting ruins, sacr... read more »
This ten day mountain climbing trip will take you up two beautiful Mexican volcanoes where you will explore the mountaintops, caves, an... read more »
This trip visits the majority of Mexican cities that have been recognized as UNESCO World Heritage Site. In addition to visiting many o... read more »
Mexico City Travel Highlights:
- Historic Center and Zócalo – Discover the roots of Mexico’s capital which lie in the Historic Center where the Aztec city of Tenochtitlan was historically settled. It is here where you will find international art museums, the Palacio de Bellas Artes, the Metropolitan Cathedral, the Aztec Templo Mayor and the National Palace.
- Teotihuacán – Just outside of Mexico City, this ancient city last inhabited by the Aztecs boasts the impressive temples of the sun and the moon and fascinating histories.
- Xochimilco – The banks of the Aztec-made waterways of Xochimilco once produced much of the food for the city of Tenochtitlán. Now colorful boats take you floating down the canals to enjoy the views.
- San Ángel and Coyoacán – In the southern part of Mexico City are the charming neighborhoods of San Ángel and Coyoacán. San Ángel has a tranquil, artistic vibe, while Coyoacán offers colonial charm and fascinating museums, like La Casa Azul, Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera’s home.
- Polanco, La Roma & Condesa – Trendy neighborhoods full of restaurants, bars, and boutique hotels, La Roma and La Condesa boast European architecture and a hip vibe.
- Chapultepec – Home to many of the best museums in Mexico City, a stroll through this huge park is a culturally rich experience.