THE YUCATAN PENINSULA
Covering three states, Yucatán, Campeche, and Quintana Roo, the Yucatán Peninsula is among the most diverse in the hemisphere.
With its eastern border complimented by the Caribbean Sea, the Yucatán Peninsula boasts ancient ruins, rainforests, underground caves, traditional haciendas, colonial cities, offshore islands with luxury resorts and natural wonders that will satisfy even the most seasoned travelers. Bordering Belize and Guatemala, the Yucatán Peninsula maintains its close Mayan ties, observed in its inhabitants dress, language, religion and cuisine.
Use the itineraries below to generate ideas for your vacation. Each itinerary is completely customizable – you choose your dates, accommodations, activities and more to create your perfect Mexico holiday.
32 Travel Itinerarie(s) Found
Experience and extraordinary expedition which will combine the visit to the largest Mayan City built in Mexico (Calakmul) and the Colon
Enjoy a spectacular day expedition that in which you will visit the archeological site of Kohunlich, and UNESCO World Heritage Site of
Journey Mexico invites you on an exclusive, unique, and expertly guided exploration of Chichén Itzá by privately chartered plane.
Sail the turquoise protected waters between Isla Mujeres and Cancun on the 54 ft private catamaran charter Fountain Payot.
Discover the spectacular archaeological site of Uxmal and the capital of the State of Yucatan, Merida, by privately chartered aircraft.
Journey Mexico invites you on an exclusive, unique, and expertly guided exploration of Chichén Itzá by privately chartered plane...
For those who only have limited time this great expedition that combines Mayan Culture and the natural experience of snorkeling with wi
Journey Mexico invites you on an exclusive, unique, and expertly guided exploration of some of the most interesting sites in the Yucata
Journey Mexico invites you on an exclusive, unique, and expertly guided exploration of Chichén Itzá and Valladolid with lunch by priv
The 10 day trip includes stays at Xixim, Coqui Coqui, and Casa Sandra, boutique hotels chosen for their serenity and wellness ambiances
This trip is a memorable adventure taking in three different areas of Mexico: Puebla, the Gulf Coast, and the Yucatan Peninsula...
The Yucatan Peninsula tour offers a fascinating blend of pre-Columbian, Colonial, and modern day culture and a variety of unique and di
The Mexico City to the Yucatan Peninsula itinerary allows you to discover the wonders of two regions in Mexico with a visit to severa
Immerse yourself in Mayan culture and history by visiting the region's most important Mayan Archaeological Sites and villages
Yucatan Travel Highlights:
- Mérida – The vibrant capital of Yucatán state, Merida is a colonial city replete with elegant buildings that were once the city homes of wealthy hacienda owners. Now boasting a burgeoning art scene, boutique hotels and fine cuisine, Mérida is consistently voted as one of the nicest cities in Mexico.
- Campeche – The colorful capital of the state of Campeche, the city itself boasts many restored buildings and colonial structures that helped it to become a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999. Once a port town fearful of pirate attacks the city is surrounded by a thick fortress.
- Mayan Archaeological Zones – Home to some of the most finely restored Mayan cities in world, the Yucatán Peninsula also contains ruins still covered in dense jungle, waiting to reveal new hidden mysteries. Those unearthed offer a glimpse into the ancient Mayan world as you walk in the footsteps of civilizations past.
- Valladolid – The Magical Villlage of Valladolid is a small, colorful town with a laidback, sleepy feel. From colonial era churches and architecture to natural wonders such as cenotes, Valladolid is a great place to stop.
- Haciendas – Scattered throughout the Yucatan Peninsula, haciendas offer a glimpse of what were once operational henequen plantations in the grand style and tradition of the period. Many have now converted into living museums and luxury hotels.