Journey Mexico invites you on an exclusive, unique, and expertly guided exploration of Chichén Itzá by privately chartered plane.
Chichén Itzá was chosen in 2007 as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. In Maya Chichén Itzá means “mouth of the well of the Itzáes”, reference to the great Cenote, a natural well that exists in the Chichén complex and was used by the Itzáe, the indigenous Maya people who inhabited the area, for ceremonies in honor of the rain god Chaac. The magnificent restored temples of Chichén Itzá rise majestically from their surrounding, offering a splendid glimpse into the great prehispanic Mayan Culture.
From the air, you gain an unusual and unique perspective of the flat but lush topography as well as dozens of cenotes of the YucatanPeninsula
You will be picked up at the pier of your Cruise Ship by your expert guide and host prior being privately transferred to the Cozumel FBO Airport (transfer time is of approx. 10 minutes), where you will have a speedy check in for your unforgettable flight.
You will fly in your privately chartered Cessna Grand Caravan 208B plane to the Kahua airport (45 minutes); you gain an unusual and unique perspective of the flat but lush topography as well as dozens of “Cenotes” or Wells of the Yucatan Peninsula.
Upon arrival to Kahua your deluxe vehicle awaits to transfer you privately to the famed archaeological site of Chichén Itzá (20 minutes). Upon arrival you will enter the site and enjoy a privately guided visit to the areas of most interest; depending on interest, hunger, and day light, you may choose the length of your time inside the site.
Leaving the site, you will be treated to an a la carte three course lunch at the Hacienda Chichén Itzá before returning to the Kahua airport for your return flight and transfer back to your Cruise
Tentative Time Table for this Expedition:
- 09:00 Meet your Tour Guide and private Transfer from the Pier to the FBO Airport. –15 minutes.
- 09:15 Arrive to FBO Airport and meet you Pilot prior boarding your Aircraft.
- 09:20 Take‐off and flight to Kahua Airport. – 40 minutes.
- 10:00 Landing in Kahua Airport and transfer to Chichén Itzá. – 20 minutes.
- 10:20 Start of Guided visit of Chichén Itzá. – up to 2 hours.
- 12:20 End of visit and drive for a refreshing swim to a Cenote prior to lunch at Hacienda Chichén. – up to 1 hour.
- 12:30 A la Carte 3 course menu Lunch with soft drinks. – up to 1 hour.
- 13:30 End of lunch and private transfer to Kahua Airport. – 20 minutes.
- 13:50 Arrive to Kahua Airport and board the Aircraft for flight back to Cancun. – 40 minutes.
- 14:30 Landing in FBO Cozumel Airport.
- 14:35 Private transfer to Cruise Ship
- 14:50 Return to your Cruise Ship.
- The use of private aviation is the only way to visit Chichen Itza from Cozumel
- It is very important to count with the name of the Cruise Ship as well as with the arrival and departure hours from the Pier – so that we can adjust the timings of this Expedition accordingly.
- Following our recommended start time below, you will avoid the peak visitation hours when as many as 2,000 day trippers throng the site.
- Following our recommended start time below, you will avoid the mid‐day peak temperatures.
- Our expedition offers you a fully private service which offers flexibility.
This expedition includes:
- Private Flight on Cessna 208 Grand Caravan (12 seats + pilot)
- Certified expert bi-lingual guide and expert JM Staff
- 3 course a la Carte lunch at Hacienda Chichén with non-alcoholic beverages
- Cool bottled water throughout the expedition
- Entrance fees to Chichén Itzá and Cenote (if time permits)
- Ground transportation in Deluxe Suburban (up to 6 guests) or Mercedes Benz Sprinters (up to 12 guests).
- Airport taxes
- Gratuities for your Tour Guide, and Drivers
What should you bring with you?
Comfortable walking shoes – preferable close toe shoes (no flip flops); change of clothes if you want to swim in Cenote; sun block; sun glasses; hat; camera and money for eventual souvenirs. Important: full names of all participants are required at time of booking.
CESSNA C208B GRAND CARAVAN
Cost per guest for 1 guest: USD $13,074.60
Cost per guest for 2 guests: USD $6,791.40
Cost per guest for 3 guests: USD $4,747.05
Cost per guest for 4 guests: USD $3,707.55
Cost per guest for 5 guests: USD $3,095.40
Cost per guest for 6 guests: USD $2,656.50
Cost per guest for 7 guests: USD $2,379.30
Cost per guest for 8 guests: USD $2,159.85
Cost per guest for 8 guests: USD $1,986.60
Cost per guest for 8 guests: USD $1,836.45
Max. 10 guests
1:48 hour flight