Take an expertly guided tour around some of the best things to do in the Yucatan Peninsula: Chichen Itza, Valladolid, and Ek-Balam.
Go on a private tour around some of the best things to do in the Yucatan Peninsula, enjoying hassle-free private transport and the benefit of a personal, expert guide.
You’ll be picked up in your hotel lobby and driven to Chichen Itza, Mexico’s most celebrated archeological site and one of the New Seven Wonders of the world. Explore its most fascinating ruins with your guide, including the famous El Castillo and its ball courts.
After, head to the charming colonial city and first capital of the region, Valladolid, to explore its historic city center and convent. Finally, travel to Ek-Balam, a stunning Maya archeological site nestled within lush vegetation.
If you are in the mood, visit the nearby cenote Xcanche. Access is via bicycle and, once there, you can enjoy a refreshing swim before returning to your hotel.
Guided Chichen Itza tour – Explore one of the New Seven Wonders of the World with a private guide providing expert insight
Visit Valladolid – Stroll around the gorgeous colonial city of Valladolid, stopping at the 16th-century Convent of San Bernardino of Siena
Explore Ek-Balam – Discover one of the finest Maya archeological sites in the whole of Mexico, Ek-Balam, with an expert guide providing commentary and insight
Tentative timetable for this expedition:
- 7am: Meet your tour guide and enjoy a private transfer from your hotel to Chichen Itza. (Approx. 300km/186 miles).
- 9.30am: Arrive at Chichen Itza and start the tour.
- 11.30am: Finish your Chichen Itza tour and transfer to Valladolid.
- 12.10pm: Free time for lunch and tour of Valladolid.
- 1.10 pm: Finish lunch and drive to Ek-Balam.
- 1.40 pm: Tour Ek-Balam with your guide.
- 2.40 pm: Return to your hotel.
- 4.40 pm: Arrive back at your hotel.
- Following our recommended start time, you will avoid the peak visitation hours and the mid‐day high temperatures.
- This is a fully private service that offers flexibility throughout your visit.
This expedition includes:
- Certified expert bi‐lingual guide
- Bottled water throughout the journey
- Entrance fees to Chichen Itza and Ek-Balam
- Fees for toll roads
- Ground transportation in a standard vehicle as mentioned above
This expedition does not include:
- Gratuities for your tour guide and drivers
- Items of a personal nature
What should you bring with you?
- Comfortable walking shoes – preferably closed-toed shoes (no flip flops)
- Sun block
- Change of clothes and towel if you want to swim in the cenote
- Money for optional tips and souvenirs
Please contact us for more information.