Journey Mexico invites you on an exclusive, unique, and expertly guided exploration of some of the most interesting sites in the Yucatan Peninsula.
Discover Chichén Itzá which was chosen in 2007 as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World and Valladolid, the former capital of the state of Yucatan and enchanting colonial town. Also visit Ek Balam; a Mayan word meaning “Black Jaguar” or “Black Star”, a just recently excavated Mayan City with the X‐Canche Cenote.
You will be picked up in your hotel lobby by your expert guide and privately transferred in a standard vehicle to the Chichen Itza archeological site (2.5 hours). Upon arrival you will enter the site and enjoy a privately guided visit to the most interesting and important areas; depending on interest, hunger, and weather, you may choose the length of your time inside the site.
Leaving the site, you will be travel to the charming colonial city and first capital of the region, Valladolid (:40 mins) and then have some time to explore the historic city center and convent before heading to Ek Balam (:30 mins).
If you are in the mood and time permits you can visit the nearby Cenote Xcanchen. Access is via bicycle and once you are there you can enjoy a rrefreshing swim before returning to your Hotel (2:00 hrs).
Tentative Time Table for this Expedition:
- 07:00 Meet your Tour Guide and private Transfer from your Hotel to Chichen Itza – With short stop on the way for Coffee/Tea and 2:30 hours. (Not Included) (Approx. 300km or 180 miles)
- 09:30 Arrive to Chichen and start visit – up to 2 hours.
- 11:30 End of visit and transfer to Valladolid for free time for lunch ‐ 40 minutes.
- 12:10 Lunch in Valladolid (Not included). – up to 1 hour
- 13:10 End of lunch and drive to Ek Balam ‐ 30 minutes.
- 13:40 Visit of Ek Balam. – 1 hour.
- 14:40 Return to your Hotel. 2 hours.
- 16:40 Arrive back to your Hotel.
- Following our recommended start time below, you will avoid the peak visitation hours.
- Following our recommended start time below, you will avoid the mid‐day peak temperatures.
- Our expedition offers you a fully private service which offers flexibility to prolong your visit, enjoy an extended lunch and/or have a swim at Ik kil Cenote or visit of Valladolid.
This expedition includes:
- Certified expert bi‐lingual Guide
- Cool bottled water throughout the expedition
- Entrance fees to Chichen Itza and Ek Balam
- Fees for toll roads
- Ground transportation in standard vehicle as mentioned above
- Gratuities for your Tour Guide and Drivers
- Items of a personal nature
This Expedition does not include:
What should you bring with you?
Comfortable walking shoes – preferably closed toed shoes (no flip flops); sun block; change of clothes and towel if you want to swim in the Cenote; sun glasses; hat; camera and money for optional tips & souvenirs.
Please contact us for more information.