Tourism in Mexico Facts and Statistics 2016
- New York Times named Mexico City as the No. 1 place to go in 2016; Todos Santos as the 23rd and Holbox as the 32nd. More >>
- Travel + Leisure ranked San Miguel de Allende, Mexico as #3 in their annual “World’s Best Cities” list 2016. More >>
- Conde Nast Traveler named San Miguel de Allende the 5th best city in the world. The UNESCO World Heritage site is included in the list of the world’s 40 best cities in this year’s Reader’s Choice Awards. More >>
- San Jose del Cabo was named as #1 destination on the rise by TripAdvisor 2016 Travelers’ Choice
- Guadalajara was ranked #2 as the Best Places to Travel in 2016 by Travel + Leisure More >>
- Time Out’s City Index, named Mexico City as the 6th most fun city in the world.
- Merida was ranked the #4 in the Lonely Planet Best in Travel 2017 – Top Cities.
- Mexico reached a record revenue of 13.324 billion dollars due to international tourism, increasing 9.3% from the same period last year. (January – August 2016)
- 11.44 million international tourists visited Mexico, increasing 9.9% from last year. (January – April 2016)
- The number of air travelers increased by 10.3% over same period last year. (January – August 2016)
- In terms of international visits to Mexico, the United States has the most visitors, followed by Canada, the United Kingdom, Argentina, Colombia, Spain, Brasil, Germany, and France.
- A total 7.86 million Americans visited the country from January to October 2016, an increase of 12% from the same period in 2015
Source: MSLGroup for The Mexican Tourism Board, siimt.com, SECTUR MX