Natural beauty, a rich diversity of wildlife, varied histories and luxury resorts make Baja California a wonderful option for a Mexico vacation.
From the migration of the humpback whales and the giant sea turtles, to the sea lion colonies and reefs abundant with fish, Baja California is home to unique wildlife that is effortlessly accessible. The rich colonial history of Baja contains some of Mexico’s first Spanish missions while cave paintings from pre-Columbian civilizations remain. A varied selection of luxury Baja California hotels and residences also make it the perfect place to relax and enjoy a beach vacation.
Use the itineraries below to generate ideas for your vacation. Each itinerary is completely customizable – you choose your dates, accommodations, activities and more to create your perfect Mexico holiday.
17 Travel Itinerarie(s) Found
Discover Baja and the Copper Canyon
This trip combines the discovery of Baja Califonia Sur with the adventures of the Copper Canyon region, perfect for active and curious
|Baja California & Sea of Cortez, Copper Canyon & N. Mexico, Off the Beaten Path|
|17 days||From $Please Inquire|
Baja's Whale Bounty is what we like to call the Sea of Cortez Aquatic Explorer; it allows you to discover the sea brimming with life, r
|Baja California & Sea of Cortez|
|8 days||From $Please inquire|
Baja California Travel Highlights:
- Northern Baja – Home of rugged topography, surreal landscape, outstanding natural geography and amazing wildlife species, Northern Baja is an adventurist’s delight.
- Whale Lagoons – One of the world’s premier spots to go whale watching, Baja contains numerous bays and islands that act as barriers against natural predators, allowing for intimate viewing and a protected setting for both the whales and their observers.
- Loreto – Located on the Sea of Cortez, Loreto is a great location to head out on whale-watching adventures across the peninsula in Magdalena Bay or to launch a diving expedition in the Sea of Cortez.
- Los Cabos – Made up of both Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo, this area has become a mecca for sport fishing and golf as well as weekend getaways. Luxury resorts are the perfect base from which to explore the area, partaking in activities from hiking, mountain biking, and whale watching to sea kayaking, surfing, dining out and relaxing on numerous secluded beaches.
- La Paz – The first European outpost was founded in Baja making the peninsula the location of the first mission in Mexico. The fine colonial buildings and beautiful beaches are complimented by spectacular sunsets and great cuisine.
- Todos Santos – A small town populated by artists and ex-pats, the quaint and friendly atmosphere accompanies the large waves and laid-back approach to life. Located on the Pacific side of Baja, Todos Santos houses many art galleries, cafes and quaint restaurants, making it the bohemian capital of Baja.