The twin gems of Chichen Itza and Valladolid are a must-visit for tourists coming to the Yucatan Peninsula. Do them in style, taking a privately guided tour of both on the same day. Benefit from a flexibility that you won’t find in shared tours, extending your time at the places you love.
This Chichen Itza to Valladolid tour includes round-trip transportation from your hotel, in which you’ll be picked up in the morning and returned in the mid-afternoon. You will also be joined by a certified bi-lingual guide who will be able to provide expert insight into both the famous Maya archeological site, Chichen Itza, and the gorgeous colonial city of Valladolid.
At the former, which was named one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, visit its most famous structures including El Castillo, the stepped pyramid. If you’d like, visit the Ik-Kil cenote and swim in its refreshing waters. In the latter, explore its historic city center and convent taking in its undeniable beauty and charm.
Private round-trip transportation – Enjoy the luxury of private transport for the day
Expertly guided tour of Chichen Itza – Explore this world-famous Maya archeological site with an expert guide providing deep and rich context
Expertly guided tour of Valladolid – Visit the beautiful city of Valladolid with an expert guide as your companion.
Tentative timetable for this expedition:
- 7am: Meet your tour guide and enjoy a private transfer from your hotel to Chichen Itza. (Approx. 300km/180 miles, 2 hours 30 mins).
- 9.30am: Arrive at Chichen Itza for your guided tour
- 11.30am: End of tour and transfer to Valladolid
- 12.10pm: Lunch and exploration of Valladolid. (Lunch not included in costs)
- 1.45pm: End of Valladolid exploration. Private transfer back to the hotel.
- 3.45pm: Arrive back to your hotel.
- Following our recommended start time, you will avoid the peak visitation hours and the peak temperatures around midday.
- Our expedition is a fully private service that offers flexibility to prolong your visit, enjoy an extended lunch and/or swim at Ik-Kil cenote or of Valladolid.
This expedition includes:
- Certified expert bi‐lingual guide
- Bottled water throughout the journey
- Entrance fees to Chichen Itza
- Fees for toll roads
- Ground transportation in standard vehicles as mentioned above.
This expedition does not include:
- Gratuities for your tour guide and driver
- Items of a personal nature
What should you bring with you?
- Comfortable walking shoes – preferably closed toed shoes (no flip flops)
- Sun block
- Change of clothes if you want to swim in the cenote
- Cash for optional tips and souvenirs.