Jet off to Kohunlich archeological site and Bacalar Lagoon in a privately chartered flight from Cancun.
See two of the Yucatan’s lesser-known gems, Kohunlich archeological site and Bacalar Lagoon, with a privately chartered flight from Cancun. Start the day in style, with a private transfer in a deluxe vehicle to Cancun’s private airport, where you will have a speedy check in for your unforgettable flight.
Jet off to Kohunlich airport, enjoying stunning views over the Riviera Maya’s gorgeous terrain plus dozens of cenotes. After, tour the pre-Columbian Maya archeological site of Kohunlich, visiting its famous Temple of the Masks and other ancient ruins with your bilingual guide providing expert insight.
Then, head to Bacalar Lagoon to swim or kayak in its turquoise and calm waters. If you opt to kayak, guides will show you the way and provide you with a unique perspective on this natural wonder.
After a picnic lunch, you will be transferred back to the airport where you will catch a flight home.
Private round-trip transportation – Relax with the day’s transportation already organized including two stunning flights over the Yucatan Peninsula.
Tour Kohunlich archeological site – Enjoy an expertly guided tour of this stunning pre-Columbian Maya site surrounded by jungle vegetation.
Kayaking or swimming Bacalar Lagoon – Explore the beautiful, turquoise waters of Bacalar Lagoon.
Tentative timetable for this expedition:
- 7am: Meet your tour guide and enjoy a private transfer from your hotel to the airport.
- 7.30am: Arrive at FBO Airport and meet your pilot before boarding your aircraft. Take‐off and fly to Kohunlich.
- 9am: Land at Kohunlich air‐strip and transfer to the archeological site.
- 9.05am: Start your guided visit of Kohunlich.
- 10.30am: Finish your tour and enjoy a private transfer to Bacalar Lagoon.
- 11.30am: Meet your kayaking guides and start a three-hour expedition (lunch included).
- 2.30pm: End the kayaking tour and return to Kohunlich air-strip.
- 3.30pm: Take‐off and fly to Cancun Airport.
- 5pm: Land at Cancun Airport and transfer to your hotel.
- 5.30pm: Arrive back to your hotel.
- The use of private aviation is required to do this expedition in one day.
- Following our recommended start time, you will avoid the peak visitation hours and mid‐day peak temperatures.
- Our expedition offers you a fully private service that offers maximum flexibility.
This expedition includes:
- Private flight on Cessna 208 Grand Caravan (12 seats + pilot)
- Certified expert bi-lingual guide and an escort
- Deluxe picnic lunch and non-alcoholic beverages
- Bottled water throughout the expedition
- Entrance fees to Kohunlich
- Private kayaking expedition
- Ground transportation in Deluxe Suburban (up to six guests) or Mercedes Benz Sprinters (up to 12 guests).
- Airport departure taxes
- Gratuities for your tour guide and drivers
What should you bring with you?
- Comfortable walking shoes – preferably close-toe shoes (no flip flops)
- Change of clothes if you would like to swim or kayak
- Sun block
- Cash for souvenirs.
Please note: The full names of all participants are required at the time of booking.