Experience and extraordinary expedition which will combine the visit to the largest Mayan City built in Mexico (Calakmul) and the Colonial City of Campeche.
Calakmul, which means two adjacent mounds in Mayan, is an impressive place and is the largest Mayan city in Mexico. The highlight will be climbing on top of the Great Pyramid and be able to have an unforgettable 360° view of the forest and other nearby pyramids. At these heights you truly feel like the ruler of the World – a Mayan King!
The historical city center of Campeche was declared by UNESCO as a World Heritage site and simply amazing. Coble stone streets, plazas, main church, bright colorful houses, as well as the original fortification walls and mainly the friendly local people make this city very enjoyable.
Your expert Guide will be waiting for you at the lobby of your Hotel and drive you to the nearby Cancun FBO Airport (approx. 40 minutes). Here your private crew and Jet (Hawker 4000 the smaller Hawker 125) will be ready to serve and fly you to Campeche (1 hour). On the flight you will be able to enjoy a continental breakfast (fruits, granola, yogurt, pastries, fresh juices coffee or tea). Upon arrival to Campeche you will be invited to change into a Helicopter – a state of the art Europcopter EC 130 B4 (6 seats + pilot). You will be able get a great view over the lush jungle as well as seeing secluded and hidden water wells or Cenotes.
After the 1 hour flight your helicopter will touch ground just at the entrance of the archeological site – where you will enjoy a guided tour of this fantastic site.
After the visit of Calakmul you will be ready to board your Helicopter and fly back to Campeche where you will enjoy the famous gastronomy of Campeche.
After lunch you will be able to walk through town or visit the Bulwark of San Miguel that nowadays counts with the exposition of the original green jade masks found in one of the 4 tombs’ in Calakmul.
Once you finish your visit you will be returning to the Campeche Airport for your flight back to Cancun FBO airport where you will be driven to your hotel.
- 07:00 Meet your Tour Guide and private Transfer from your Hotel to the FBO Airport (Cancun). 30minutes.
- 07:30 Arrive to FBO Airport and meet you Pilot prior boarding your Aircraft. Take‐off and flight to Campeche. – 1 hour.
- 08:30 Landing in Campeche and change into Helicopter for scenic flight to Calakmul – 1 hour 09:30
- Start of Guided visit of Calakmul . – up to 2 hours.
- 11:30 End of visit and fly back by Helicopter to Campeche for Lunch. 1 hour. 12:30 Land in Campeche Airport and drive to the Historical City Center for lunch. 30 minutes.
- 13:00 3 Course A la Carte Lunch at Hacienda Puerta Campeche Restaurant followed by City tour. – up to 3 hours.
- 16:00 Return back to the Airport and flight back to Cancun FBO.
- 17:00 Landing in Cancun Airport and transfer to your Hotel.
- 17:30 Arrive back to your Hotel.
- The use of private aviation is required in order to do this expedition in only one day
- Following our recommended start time below, you will avoid the peak visitation hours
- Following our recommended start time below, you will avoid the mid‐day peak temperatures
- Our expedition offers you a fully private service which offers flexibility to prolong your visit, enjoy an extended lunch and/or visit of Bacalar Village with its fortress
This expedition includes:
- Private flight on Hawker 4000 (7 seats + pilot)
- Private flight on Helicopter Eurocopter EC135
- Certified expert bi-lingual guide a+ escort
- Continental breakfast on place
- 3 course a la carte lunch in Campeche
- Cool bottled water throughout the expedition
- Entrance fees to Calakmul and museum in Campeche
- Ground transportation in Deluxe Suburban (up to 6 guests)
- Airport departure taxes
- Gratuities for your Tour Guide, and Drivers
What should you bring with you?
Comfortable walking shoes – preferable close toe shoes (no flip flops); change of clothes if you want to swim in Cenote; sun block; sun glasses; hat; camera and money for eventual souvenirs. Important: full names of all participants are required at time of booking.