Experience an extraordinary expedition combining the largest ancient Maya city in Mexico, Calakmul, and the Colonial city of Campeche. Privately chartered flights offer the chance to skip the traffic and see these two wonderful destinations in a single day.
To start, enjoy a private transfer to Cancun FBO Airport. Board the jet (a Hawker 4000 or Hawker 125) and meet the private crew. On the flight to Campeche, enjoy a continental breakfast of fruits, granola, yogurt, pastries, fresh juices, and tea or coffee.
Upon arrival, transfer to a helicopter – a state-of-the-art Eurocopter EC 130 B4 – for stunning views of the region’s lush jungle and its hidden water wells known as cenotes.
After the one hour flight, touchdown at the entrance of Calakmul for a guided tour of this fantastic ancient Maya city.
After, re-board the helicopter and fly back to Campeche to enjoy the city’s famous gastronomy for lunch. Once full, walk through town or visit Fuerte de San Miguel, a Colonial fort that houses the Archeological Museum of Campeche.
Once finished, return to Campeche Airport for a flight back to Cancun FBO airport and a private transfer back to the hotel.
Privately chartered air travel – Delight in privately chartered flights, the most luxurious and quickest way to travel
Private helicopter flight – Enjoy a one-hour flight over the Maya region to see its stunning topography from a bird’s eye view
Calakmul – Tour this ancient Maya city with a private guide, climbing to the top of the Great Pyramid and enjoying an unforgettable 360° view of the forest and other nearby pyramids
Campeche city – A UNESCO World Heritage Site, explore its cobble-stoned streets, plazas, colorful houses, and fortified walls on a privately guided tour
Tentative timetable for this expedition:
- 7am: Meet the tour guide for a private transfer from the hotel to Cancun FBO Airport
- 7.30am: Arrive at the airport, meet the pilot before boarding the aircraft
- 8.30am: Land in Campeche and transfer to a helicopter for a scenic flight to Calakmul
- 9.30am: Land at Calakmul archeological site and start guided tour
- 11.30am: End tour and fly back by helicopter to Campeche
- 12.30pm: Land at Campeche Airport and drive to the historical city center for lunch
- 1pm: Enjoy a three-course a la carte lunch at Hacienda Puerta Campeche Restaurant followed by a city tour
- 4pm: Return to the airport and fly back to Cancun FBO
- 5pm: Land in Cancun Airport and transfer to the hotel
- 5.30pm: Arrive back at the hotel
- The use of private aviation is required to do this expedition in only one day
- Following our recommended start time below, guests will avoid peak visitation hours and the mid‐day peak temperatures
- Our expedition is a fully private service which offers flexibility to prolong the visit, enjoy an extended lunch and/or visit Bacalar Village with its fortress
This expedition includes:
- Private flight on Hawker 4000 (seven seats and pilot)
- Private flight on Eurocopter EC 130 B4 helicopter
- Certified expert bi-lingual guide and escort
- Continental breakfast on plane flight
- Three-course a la carte lunch in Campeche
- Cool bottled water throughout the expedition
- Entrance fees to Calakmul and museum in Campeche
- Ground transportation in Deluxe Suburban (up to six guests)
- Airport departure taxes
- Gratuities for your tour guide and drivers
What should you bring with you?
- Comfortable walking shoes – preferable closed-toe shoes (no flip flops)
- Change of clothes if you want to swim in the cenote
- Money for souvenirs
Please note: The full names of all participants are required at the time of booking.