Situated in the heart of Playa steps from 5th Avenue, Thompson Playa del Carmen is a luxury lifestyle resort.
Beachfront luxury meets bohemian chic at the Thompson boutique hotel, situated in the heart of Playa del Carmen. The hotel’s tranquil interior belies the upbeat energy you feel just steps away. The amazing location on Playa’s famous pedestrian corridor Quinta Avenida means shopping, bars and restaurants are an easy stroll away.
The Rooftop at Thompson Playa del Carmen is the showpiece of this trendy hotel, and it may just be the social hub of this cosmopolitan city that hosts visitors from around the globe. Five levels up, the Rooftop boasts an infinity pool, plenty of sunbeds and spectacular 360° vistas of the city, the Mediterranean and beyond. Fine cuisine, hip entertainment and impeccable service are yours at this oasis in the sky.
Each guest’s experience is individualized with the option of sleek downtown elegance and rooftop pool views, or bohemian cool in the oceanfront Beach House. Renowned city designers Niz + Chauvet put a twist on Thompson’s cosmopolitan urban style, merging mid-century Mexican details with bold geometric patterns throughout the rooms and suites of the upscale hotel. Get ready to relax…and have the vacation of your life.
Looking for beachfront views? The Thompson Playa del Carmen has a Beach House location with just 27 rooms and suites.
- Rooftop Bar
- Restaurants on site (3)
- Infinity rooftop pool
- Private cabañas
- Special Beach House amenities
- 24hr fitness center
safety first, wellbeing always
Our top priority for welcoming guests and colleagues back to Hyatt properties is doing it safely, with your wellbeing in mind.
Guided by our purpose of care and experience delivering world-class hospitality for more than 60 years, Hyatt’s Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment builds on our existing rigorous safety and cleanliness protocols and includes:
- GBAC STARTMcleanliness and training accreditation process through the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) at all Hyatt hotels
- Trained Hygiene & Wellbeing Leader or team at all locations, responsible for their hotel adhering to new operational protocols and training
- Cross-functional panel of trusted medical and industry advisors—including experts from Cleveland Clinic—to help us fine-tune safety protocols and consider various aspects of the entire hotel experience.
In the video below, learn more about how we’re committed to enhanced levels of cleanliness, as we reimagine the hotel experience.
Hyatt’s Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment is an important expression of our purpose to care for people so they can be their best—now and in the future. While we continue to evolve and enhance our safety and cleanliness protocols, here are some new measures you may see at Hyatt hotels worldwide:
|Cleanliness and Safety, With You in Mind
Additional measures are being taken in an effort to ensure your safety, such as touch-free options, more frequent sanitization with hospital-grade disinfectants, and exploring and testing the use of electrostatic sprayers.
· Sanitizer stations prominently placed throughout hotels
· More frequent cleaning of public spaces and guestroom surfaces
· GBAC STARTM accreditation, inclusive of detailed cleanliness training
· Hygiene & Wellbeing Leader to help ensure new protocols are being met
· Enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols
· Wellness and temperature checks, according to local guidance
· Removal of certain high-touch items from guestrooms
|Distance Can’t Stop Us From Caring
Our new social distancing measures help show care for the wellbeing of our colleagues and guests, as we revise capacity guidelines and explore contactless meal options, the use of masks, protective shields at the front desk and more.
· Social distancing signage
· Personal protection equipment, worn in accordance with local guidance
· Spacing measures and capacity guidelines
· Elevator spacing and revised maximum capacity guidelines—elevators, fitness centers and more
· Reconfiguration of meeting room set-ups
· Knock-and-go room service
|Less Contact, More Care
New and enhanced digital amenities* in the World of Hyatt app can put you in control of how you connect with us—from check-in to dining and more, contactless care is just a tap away.
· Mobile check-in and checkout
· Mobile Entry
· In-room Chromecast
· Curated meditations from Headspace
· Grab-and-go meal ordering
· Hotel stay bill
Safety and cleanliness procedures implemented at each hotel may be adjusted in consideration of local practices, government requirements and guidance, and the situation where the hotel is located.
*World of Hyatt app digital amenities are available at participating hotels.