Papaya Playa Project in Tulum offers eco-chic cabañas that encourage a connection to nature.
With 80 simple cabañas set across the beach the Papaya Playa Project offers a kind of eco chic, making this hotel perfect for people who want to feel connected to nature. The idea of this no-frills eco-project is to have little impact on the surrounding area. A natural rocky ledge raises the oceanfront cabanas from the sand resulting in views of the Caribbean Sea. The beachfront faces directly east, allowing views of sunrise each morning and gentle breezes in the evening.
If you fancy a non-salty dip, the resort also has three plunge pools to cool off in. Yoga and tai chi are offered, as well as a traditional temazcal (sweat lodge) and spa treatments. The restaurant serves laid-back Mayan and Mexican inspired faire, as well as beachfront favorites.
This resort is for people who want to disconnect from technology and reconnect with nature and themselves.
In the hotter months, grab a cabin with air-conditioning to ensure you stay cool.
- Wifi connectivity
As we approach the end of the shelter in place phase of the Coronavirus Pandemic, we prepare to reopen in June. Our world has shifted and for us at Papaya Playa Project, it has done so in a positive and more conscious vibration. We hope all our friends and family are safe and healthy, and that the journey inward humanity has taken, arrives to a safe haven, a place of reunion and gratitude, of adventure and celebration.
Papaya Playa Project is ready to welcome guests with over 100 health and cleanliness protocols in place. Our Health and Safety consultants have developed procedures that ensure that every person and life form in our premises is safe. We understand all or our guest’s concerns and listen to them with an open heart.
For our guest’s safety and peace of mind, some of our protocols include:
- Upon arrival, we check all our staff’s temperature
- Reduced occupancy in our facilities, including our restaurant, where tables are more spaced. On the beach, lounge chairs and cabanas keep a wide safe distance.
- Our staff, in this first phase, will continue to wear face masks, gloves in contact activities or when handling food and linens. All protective equipment will be changed constantly and a safe distance of 3 feet (1.5 meters) is kept at all times, except for food delivery
- Our guests will be asked to confirm how often their room should be cleaned, as well as the hours, including night courtesy. Cleaning will only take place if the guest is not in the room.
- Prior to our guest’s arrival, we ask them to let us know how often they want their linens changed.
- We have reduced the minibar service. Our guests can order what they wish to enjoy prior to arrival. Every item is properly sanitized.
- Only the housekeeper can access a guestroom. Room service and luggage will be delivered to the door.
- Room Service will be delivered in a closed basket
- We continue to provide laundry service, but only items that can be machine washed with temperatures above 70ºC.
- Our pools are in the maximum safe degrees of chlorine and PH recommended for the elimination of bacteria and viruses
- Contact with concierge, cleaning requests, room service and any guest needs or questions are available from your phone with the PPP application. Guests will be able to have as much or as little human interaction as they feel safe with.