Journey Mexico invites you on an exclusive, unique, and expertly guided exploration of Chichén Itzá by privately chartered plane.
Chichén Itzá was chosen in 2007 as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. In Maya Chichén Itzá means “mouth of the well of the Itzáes”, reference to the great Cenote, a natural well that exists in the Chichén complex and was used by the Itzáe, the indigenous Maya people who inhabited the area, for ceremonies in honor of the rain god Chaac. The magnificent restored temples of Chichén Itzá rise majestically from their surrounding, offering a splendid glimpse into the great prehispanic Mayan Culture.
From the air, you gain an unusual and unique perspective of the flat but lush topography as well as dozens of cenotes of the YucatanPeninsula
You will be picked up in your hotel lobby by your expert guide and privately transferred in a deluxe vehicle to the Playa del Carmen or Cancun private airport (transfer time varies depending on the location of your hotel), where you will have a speedy check in for your unforgettable flight.
You will fly in your privately chartered plane to the Kahua airport (35 – 40 minutes). Upon arrival to Kahua your deluxe vehicle awaits to transfer you privately to the famed archeological site of Chichén Itzá (20 minutes).
Upon arrival you will enter the site and enjoy a privately guided visit to the areas of most interest; depending on interest, hunger, and day light, you may choose the length of your time inside the site.
Leaving the site, you will be treated to a three course lunch at the Hacienda Chichén Itzá before returning to the Kahua airport for your return flight and transfer back to your hotel.
Tentative Time Table for this Expedition:
- 07:30 Meet your Tour Guide and private Transfer from your Hotel to the FBO Airport (Cancun or Playa del Carmen). – 30minutes.
- 08:00 Arrive to FBO Airport and meet you Pilot prior boarding your Aircraft.
- 08:15 Take-off and flight to Kahua Airport. – 40 minutes.
- 08:55 Landing in Kahua Airport and transfer to Chichén Itzá. – 20 minutes.
- 09:15 Start of Guided visit of Chichén Itzá. – up to 2 hours.
- 11:15 End of visit and drive for a refreshing swim to a Cenote prior to lunch at Hacienda Chichén. – up to 1 hour.
- 12:15 A la Carte 3 course menu Lunch with soft drinks. – up to 1 hour.
- 13:15 End of lunch and private transfer to Kahua Airport. – 20 minutes.
- 13:35 Arrive to Kahua Airport and board the Aircraft for flight back to Playa del Carmen or Cancun. – 40 minutes.
- 14:15 Landing in FBO Airport Playa del Carmen or Cancun.
- 14:25 Private transfer to Hotel.
- 15:00 Return to your Hotel.
- The use of private aviation will reduce transit time by 5 hours
- Following our recommended start time below, you will avoid the peak visitation hours when as many as 2,000 day trippers throng the site.
- Following our recommended start time, you will avoid the mid-day peak temperatures
- Our expedition offers you a fully private service which offers flexibility to prolong your visit, enjoy an extended lunch, and/or visit nearby cenotes or other attractions.
This expedition includes:
- Private Flight on Cessna 206 (5 seats + pilot) or Cessna 208 Grand Caravan (12 seats + pilot)
- Certified expert bi-lingual Guide
- 3 course a la Carte lunch at Hacienda Chichén with non-alcoholic beverages
- Cool bottled water throughout the expedition
- Entrance fees to Chichén Itzá and Cenote
- Ground transportation in Deluxe Suburban (up to 6 guests) or Mercedes Benz Sprinters (up to 12 guests).
- Airport taxes
- Gratuities for your Tour Guide and Pilot.
What should you bring with you?
Comfortable walking shoes – preferable close toe shoes (no flip flops); change of clothes if you want to swim in Cenote; sun block; sun glasses; hat; camera and money for eventual souvenirs. Important: full names of all participants are required at time of booking.